The Best Way to Steam Clean Carpets
Useful Carpet Steam Cleaning Tips
What’s the best way to steam clean carpets? Tody, there is no need to hire a professional carpet cleaning service to keep your carpets looking clean, refreshed, and groomed. You can do it yourself if you have the right equipment. There are some very affordable and even some highly versatile steam cleaners on the market that can help you maintain your carpets and even other areas or surfaces in your home.
Carpet Cleaning Tips
1. Do regular dirt-lifting with a regular vacuum cleaner to make your steam deep cleaning sessions easier. Dirt and dust in your carpets can lead to serious skin and respiratory allergies, especially since most people and pets love to sit or lie down on carpets.
2. Use steam cleaners to get rid of sticky residues such as mud and oil and to remove tough stains. Vacuum cleaners won’t work against these stuff.
3. Pick up spills immediately before they get absorbed by the carpet and before they can leave stains. There are handheld steam cleaners that can pick up spills more thoughly without leaving any moisture or dampness on your carpets. Any leftover moisture on your carpets can cause mold or mildew to grow.
4. Steam clean from time to time to avoid getting your carpets seriously soiled and worn out. The process may be lengthy but your efforts will pay off once you see how long your carpets last without looking unsightly.
5. If you have pets or kids at home, the more carpet problems you’ll have. Thus, you may want to invest in a more capable, more powerful, and more durable steam cleaner.
6. Hire professionals only when your carpets are completely soiled, such as after a water damage problem, or if you haven’t cleaned your carpets for several years and your steam cleaner just can’t handle the problem anymore. Professional carpet cleaners often also use steam cleaners, but they use more expensive, more powerful industrial or commercial grade ones that can tackle more challenging carpet problems faster and with less effort.
How Steam Carpet Cleaners Work
Steam carpet cleaners first spray warm or hot water mixed with some cleaning solution onto the carpet; the heat helps break down the bond that holds the dirt or residue to your carpet surface or carpet fiber. Then, the steam cleaner’s brushes set to work, scrubbing the brush to loosen up the dirt and bring them up into the surface, where they are then sucked into a reservoir specifically meant to hold extracted water and dirt.
Some carpet cleaners also add simple deodorization to their list of features to leave your carpets with a pleasant odor.
Finding the Right Steam Cleaning Partner
It is important for you to have the best steam cleaner so you can apply the best way to steam clean carpets. According to reviews, the right steam cleaner for carpets should have:
Multiple brushes/special brushing system
Two large-capacity water tanks
Reasonable price that ranges between $50 (compact models) to $250 (heavy duty models)
Fast-drying steam cleaning function
Some brands also offer chemical-free cleaning solutions that can be used alongside their steam cleaning equipment. These solutions are often more effective and safer to use than chemical-based cleaning agents you can buy at the supermarket.
If you want to get more out of your purchase, look for a carpet steam cleaner that comes with additional attachments so it can also be used for other purposes, such as cleaning bare floors, appliances, upholstered furniture, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, and so on.
Usually, you just have to change the brush head to a more appropriate attachment, such as a squeegee for cleaning windows and mirrors or a mop head for cleaning hard floors.
Return from The Best Way to Steam Clean Carpets to Carpet Steam Cleaners
Return from The Best Way to Steam Clean Carpets to Steam Cleaners Reviews